Miles to go before I sleep...

Friday, April 15, 2005

The likeability factor

Someone triggered a thought chain in my mind yesterday.
"I like every girl that I come across."

Is that true?
What does it take for me to say "I like this girl, she seems interesting" :
Honestly thinking - a cute hello, an infectious smile and the way she carries herself in a group.

So that means she doesnt even have to talk to me for me to believe that shes interesting and I like her.
I wonder what it is for others? What does it take for you to believe someone (a guy/girl) is interesting?

To be brutally honest and I know most of who know me wont accept this - I take the same parametric scale when I form an opinion on guys as well.
But it is always my leanings toward the fairer sex that gets all the news. Sometimes I feel sick, but that is the price you give to be at the center many a time.

I go back to my good old days ( after all, old days are always good when u think retrospectively) - I have a few girls whom I can talk for hours because I have a special liking for their tastes and their ideas/decision-making, there have been some girls whom I wanted to talk with extensively but never got so far, and there are still few with whom I would like to get acquainted better.

And finally - yeah, I never have said, "I dont like this girl".
And I dont think I am going to change that standpoint yet.

4 Comments:

Blogger dinesh said...

Bautifully written ! First off, I should apologize for propogating the opinion that you like "girls" in general. Honestly, I don't feel that way about you at all. It makes for good fun, to have one such character in a group and in this case, we thought you'd fit into that role although your intellectual requirements in a girl are contradictory to the requirements of this character. But if anybody has the ability, to break the shambles and render the general opinion meaningless, it's you !

12:32 PM  
Blogger The Doodler said...

Nice post. Totally agree with your idea of what makes a person interesting. Nothing hooks my attention better than an artless, straight-from-the-heart smile...:) Maybe when I think of what else catches my attention, I will come back and write more.

5:11 PM  
Blogger RS said...

Nice...I have tried to come up with qualities that endear a person to me and still cannot compile a final list, I have found a friend in the unlikeliest people...anyway, I did try this exercise and this is what I came up with

8:39 PM  
Blogger P B said...

ennada thodarndhu ponna pathi mattume ezhudhura..appuram dinesh ottuvan..blog la vandhu apologise pannuvan..enda ippidi?

1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home