Miles to go before I sleep...

Thursday, August 11, 2005

No rhyme or reason not to!

Oil prices hit a record high 66$ per barrel.

If you had been on the road here in US the past 2 weeks you could have noticed that gas prices are indeed rising alarmingly. It rose an incredible 30 cents a gallon on Monday and is still hovering around $2.45 per gallon. (Mercy god, I am not living in CA or NY).

I was wondering what I can do on my part to make this a little less burden on myself and everyone else around me.

Did you know all your electric - for airconditioner, lamps, television, hot water (in the US) are generated by the heating of oil or gas of some kind (directly or indirectly).

I feel everyone of us should play a part in conserving all these resources just for the sake of our own well-being. Whatever little they might be - like 'walking to the nearby store, instead of using your car' to 'turning off/hibernate your personal computer when you are not using it' to 'making sure all the lights are put out when you leave the home' and by simply being conscious of what we have and what we may not be having tomorrow.

I have also been the guilty part so far, but thought I could atleast play my part by making sure, I wont let go of any energy resource to waste from now on within my capacity. I am not asking you to change the world, all I am asking is to change what you have been doing all this while and you will automatically feel and do better. There is no point in cribbing about the rising prices otherwise.

It actually takes less than a minute to make sure everything is turned off before you leave home.

I pledge to be conscious... Do you?


ps1: This applies to people everywhere in the world. It is the same problem everywhere.
ps2: You need not pledge just because the oil prices are rising. Infact there need not be a reason at all to "waste" resources (whatever they may be).

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indha vishayathula naa unna support and follow panren.

-vv

12:29 AM  
Blogger dinesh said...

I do too !

Dinesh

3:56 PM  
Blogger P B said...

naan blog poduren..neenga comment ezhuthunga sollitu ezhuthura mathiri iruke!!!!

4:15 PM  
Blogger gipedan said...

Yours By Design Heating and Cooling is a full service Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) contractor based in Blaine, MN
installing residential heating and air and commercial heating and air.**Heating****Cooling**outdoor coolingoutdoor cooling

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home