Miles to go before I sleep...

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Irksome's-1

"Be careful, its a solid green - so you have to yield and take the left. wrrrrrrrr....While turning left, turn to your closest lane. wrrrrrr....Dont go so close to that car, follow the 2 second rule, you will bump onto him if he suddenly stops.". You mutter to yourself - "Comeon! I have been driving on all these roads for more than 4 years, I KNOW HOW TO DRIVE!".

So thats a hot-button-blood-pressure-raising-issue (HBBPRI for brevity) that irks you everytime someone tells you to drive like this, drive like that. Looking further some other HBBPRI's ---

"How tall are you?"
"I yam 5'9" feet tall"
"With shoes or without shoes?"
"Aamam, shoes enna 4 inches aa irukku? Athu enna stool-a/ platform-a?? I am 5'9" foot tall with or without shoes"
"Is it, stand up against the wall, I will bring an inch tape." (Vanthuttan da sekkoority singaram pulan visaaranai panna.)
"Iniku intha height issue resolve aaganum, inimel evanaavathu height pathi pesattum... (Leaning against the wall.)

"Oh aamam, you are 171 cms, I didnt think you were this tall."
"I told you, I am closer to 6 than 5".
"Noo, you are not. One inch vanthu 2.54 centimeters, so nee 5'6-1/2" thaan (Intha maadhiri visheyathuku elam takku nu kanaku potuduviye...), -- With a grin at winning the battle and the right to use "How tall are you?" for the rest of his life to irk me.

"Sari, basically I am only 2 inches shorter than you are. Othukkaraiyaa?"
"Illaiye, from naked eye pakkaracha, nee ivvlo height a irukka mariye illa, people looking at you will say you might be in 5'5" or 5'6".

Okay and he had the last laugh :(

Reminds me of an episode in "Everybody loves Ray" -
Debra says "Rayyyyyyy.. you are not 6 foot tall, you are only 5'11-1/2".
Ray replies - " Yaa, I always wish if I were 1/2 inch longer." (pun intended by Raymond, dont blame me!).

Depending on my work schedule next week shall try to continue...
Later-

8 Comments:

Blogger The Doodler said...

Yaaru pa unnai ivlo kaduppu ethidhandhu?! :))

11:06 AM  
Blogger rajesh said...

girlfriend nu vandhaa..ipdi dhaandaa padthuvaa KSP..
indha konjals laam thaangidhaan aaganum nee..

inum sila konjal kostins laam solraen kaetuko...
1)are you fair or am I fairer than you?
'Of course NO one can NOT be fairer than you'..;)'

2)I scored more than you in 12th std..nu ava solla..nee - I scored more than you in 10th std nu nee solla..
'ada..ada..ada..ada...aaala vidunga daa nu naanga oda..'

3)3 guys proposed to me nu ava solla..
'me too' nu nee retort panna..
ava udnae.."3 guys proposed to you also" vaa nu 'joke of the century' range la kadiya poatu...vizhundhu vizhundhu siripaaa..
Naangalaam thalaila adchundu..escape aaavoam edatha vittu..

and so on..

-Raapi

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dei poi sollu bodhu konjamachum nambaramadhiri sollanum..

nee paatuku 5.9 nu sonnena...indha statementla konjamachu manasatchi iruka?
-vv

11:43 AM  
Blogger dinesh said...

Ippo anda raymond incident edhukku ? Pervert ra nee :)

By th way ? yaaru 5'9" ? Readers ellam nee nu nenaichukka poraanga..clear a sollidu..nee 5'4" dhaan nu :)

3:13 PM  
Blogger Prabhu said...

subha - no one did, but ellaame oru karpanai. I forgot to put that disclaimer :)

rapi - naan girlfrend pathiye pesave illaiye da. Anyways, nee adhe maayai la irukka, shweths oda joke sooper btw ;)

vv - naan 5'9" nnu sollve illaiye, aana unna vida height :)

dins - anthe episode nyapagam vanthuthu while writing avlvo than... perverted aa enna meaning kandu pidicha ithula?

2:35 PM  
Blogger kuttichuvaru said...

ya I hate ppl doin 'backseat drivin' too... kaduppu thaan varum!!

6:40 PM  
Blogger Archana said...

Er - exactly how can a person hope to pass off almost 5'7" as 5'9" ...lol!

I can't stand backseat drivers either. If they are so concerned about my driving, why get a ride in my car in the first place!!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Prabhu said...

kuttichuvaru - thanks for stopping by dude.

archana - I dont like backseat driving but I enjoy doing that myself :)
And no am not 5'7" :)

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home