Miles to go before I sleep...

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Married into Maryland

Okay Okay here I go...
After the usual absconding, here I am back to blogging!!!
At the rate I blog, I fear I will lose my precious few readers on the circuit as well.....

Readers Question: What on earth is making you update this blog so infrequently? (Not that we are the best fans, but atleast the comments section usually is good time-pass).

My excuse: Okay here is my last 2 weeks schedule - Attend an interview for a full time position, work on getting my visa transferred (w/o letting know my then employer), research about the new city that I am moving to, be perennially worried about the visa transfer to happen smoothly, give a day's notice to my then employer, pack-pack-pack-pack(illustrated below), constantly look out for room-mates in sulekha (man!, this place is expensive!). To establish how costly this place is, which by the way is Germantown in Maryland, 30 miles north of Wash DC -- When I was staying in a 2b/2ba apartment in Lexington, KY 1 year back, I was paying 50$ less than what I am paying for a shared 2 bed/2bath here. And this would be the right place to put it: And I found a good room-mate after all - no complaints, no sulks. Roomie, hope you read my blog someday and you can be proud of!:))

That really is few of the things that I did do in the last 2 weeks.
To give you an idea of how much I carried in my lachumi, this is how it was in my bedroom with all my stuff put together.

And this is how it is after my elaborate clean-up-and-throw-out-unwanted job.


A quick self-advertisement: Top-left la irukkura painting super-a iruku-la?
I know you guys would have thought that. Not wanting to keep the suspense any longer, that was the artistic work of yours truly, and not something that was bought in a art & craft store.

A question might come to you: Why the painting was not photographed closely?
A: Only if you look at it from a distance does it look good, the closer you look at it, my amateurishness at painting will show up!

So here I am in Maryland, wanting to know more people lest I will be bored to the hilt and start watching crappy tamil movies like Emtan Magan, Varalaaru (the story of godfather) and such moviess...

Otherwise, life is a chill (its getting to freezing here :(

Will keep you guys posted!

16 Comments:

Blogger Archana said...

Good luck with the new job and the new place :-)! How on earth did you manage to stuff ALL that into your car? Un kitta car irukka or truck :-P!

Painting nalla irukku - nee artist-nnu enakku theriyavey theriyathey!!

BTW, $50 kammi-er in KY for a 2b/2ba is not such a big difference :-) (or did I miss sth)!

1:12 AM  
Blogger rajesh said...

deii..

ipdi biskothu matter laam vechu blog podriyae daa,,nee theramasaali dhaan po..

btw,emtan mahan was good da........!
Vallavan very worstu second half laam..

thalaimagan..was typical masala movie..kind of like the 1980 movie types..

and then vattaaram..we both saw together..i dint like it at all.

yet to watch varalaaru/dharmapuri.

-Raapi

9:39 AM  
Blogger Zeppelin said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Zeppelin said...

machan Good Luck on your new job !!

kadaseela onna Raleigh vandhu paakalam nu kattina dream-palace mannoda pochu.. its ok.. Maryland la vandhu merry-a paakaren.. :) (sorry berther..oru flow la..)

vanakkam koori vidai peruvadhu, un blog-in endrendrum rasigan,
zep :)

(prev. comment la oru worshtu typo, adhan reposting..hehe..echoos me..)

10:16 AM  
Blogger Syam said...

welcome to salaamiya....hope u r settling down...onnumey illa visayathuku sema build up-u saami...aana paavam lachumi... :-)

11:11 AM  
Blogger Prabhu said...

archana,
thanks... ya, i know the car would have weighed some 800 pounds!!
interstate la ottaracha brake podave bayama irunthuthu!!
artist-aa?? enakke theriyaadhe...

my bad about the rent difference - I was staying ALONE in lexington and here I am sharing the apartment with my roomie...(so the rent was less than half at lex)

rapoi,
biskotho, kiskotho - nalla matter-kaga wait panina aporama eternal wait thaan...
dei, internet iruku-nu ellaa padamum- paaka aramuchutiye da...
vittaa - You will watch lankasri release - "Aishwarya rai oru azhagi" padam ellaam paapa pola iruku... paavam shweths..

zep avargale,
vanakkam... kandippa vaa maryland.. charlotte la oru midhi midhichaa appadiye nera inge vanthudalaam... or fly panni vaa intha area pakam..

syam,
salaamiya-va? appadinna?
vethu post thaan othukkaren makkale, cha cha vara decency-ku kooda good post sola matengaraanga...

11:20 AM  
Blogger The Doodler said...

Good luck, dude! :) Angeyum poi oru jagajala jithan-a aayiduve, no worries! :)

12:23 PM  
Blogger kuttichuvaru said...

ippove freezing-aa ungalukku?? ippo thaana enga oorukku vanthurukkeenga.... wait panni paarunga!! aana romba ellam mosam kedayaathu.... naan michigan-la irunthurukken, atha vida better thaan namma maryland :-)

comment-a pathi oru comment!! lexington-la 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment-la thaniyaa iruntheengalaa?? idikkuthe!!

2:01 PM  
Blogger rajesh said...

deii..
"Aishwarya oru perazhagi"..adhoda Hindi versiona dload panni paathutaen..

tuckeraa irundha Aishu..& the movie was anyday better than any of the this yr's Diwali release movies I ve seen.

5:34 PM  
Blogger expertdabbler said...

super!
btw ipdi ellam nee post pottadhey illa enakku therinju!
ennamo 'naan evlo samarthu paaru!!!" nu "yaaruko" solra madhiri irukku ;p

Congrats for the painting...

nalla vandha traditional art. varlai na modern art nu sollikalaam :D

11:58 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

Prabhu,
Oreyyyy kalyana ninappu than pola? ;-))

Congrats/good luck with new job and new life.

And I can relate with the in flation awe-ing moment. Midwest lendhu CA vandhu paying 4figure rent for a 1bed, toooo much.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Shilpa said...

Hey Congrats on ur new job !

Maybe now u will hv time to blog :)

BTW how come u a carton of *pampers* in ur room ? hehehhehe

5:05 PM  
Blogger Prabhu said...

subha,
nandri hai! jithan-aa nee vera...
ippdi ethi vitte, gaali pannunga aala..

kutti,
ya, i know it gets pretty cold here! :( and naan lex-la thaniya thaan irunthen, aana enn pinnaadi thaana sentha koottam onnu irukum :)

rapi,
deiii "en pondaati ooruku poitta" range-ku onnum pannaama iru da..

11:35 PM  
Blogger Viji said...

pudhu ooru, pudhu vela... kalakkare Prabhu! Congrats! :)

7:57 AM  
Blogger Prabhu said...

PK,
yaaru sonnaalum solaatiyum naan samathu thaan...

SK,
posting than sari illa- atleast peraavathu nalla kudukkalaam-nu thaan..

Shilpa,
hopefully more time to blog, but more imp things are coming my way :(
pampers -- my niece-oda box used for my storage :)

viji,
thanks hai! long time no see?

ananth,
will email u!

1:42 PM  
Blogger Viji said...

adhu epdi.. vere yaravadhu solradhukku munnadi namable sollitta thappichukkalam nu nenachingala? :) enna, aalaye kaanum?? paathu... mobile kaadhula ottikka pordhu. :P :P :P

5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home