Miles to go before I sleep...

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Sting

Knowing that a full week of hard-work?! is ahead of me, I always like an extra half-hour sleep on a Monday morning. It helps me get out of bed - fresh, eager and helps me in avoiding the crib that it is a Monday.
Yesterday was different though, I got up early as my friend told me that you can get 20 bucks of free gas in a nearby gas station. With gas prices sky-rocketing I felt this is an easy way to quench my engine's thirst for a week or two. My room-mate and me backed our cars and bam!!, we didnt notice we were so close and our cars hit each other!
I was like " what in the world was that!, oh comeon! dont do this on a Monday morning".

Already, I lost my precious 1 hr sleep and now this. I felt like the stupidest that I have ever been.
My entire day was not going well, with a deadline on Tuesday and I have no clue why my code isnt working, I started to mutter things - "This is the worst possible start to a week".
But after all, I found out life isnt all about tough lucks, by the end of the day @ work - I got my code do what it intended to do, checked the code in and came back reasonably happy to home.
But wait, the surprise isnt over - the interesting part came in a trifle late in the night - I caught up with a personality with whom I hadnt talked for a while, and who means a lil extra for me. It was an interesting conversation and I enjoyed it and felt a lot lighter eventually.

When I hit the bed, I began to wonder - "Life throws up a lot of things at you from time to time and if you are too busy cribbing/regretting about events, you will surely miss the bus to the interesting ones. After all Life is Beautiful whatever form it takes." (Did I read that somewhere recently, I tend to forget!!)

ps1: I read a blog yesterday and found a one liner that really impressed me - "to feel that you are being loved makes life a bliss".

ps2: Life is like a scorpion, with a harmless sting ofcourse!! You need those stings to get you going. Right?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

too many references... whats life without twists and turns... guess u experienced some yesterday... hopefully u have a better day today!

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

prabhu,

yaar andha personality ?

Kadaisiyila 20$ free fuelum pochu..

Your blogs are getting Senti by the days and people desparately need tissues.

One thing is sure as long as You beleive in beautiful life .... nothing really "matters".

Wokay don't wanna make comments like dinesh and will stop here.

-vv

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kadhaiyai en anga anga sensor pannitteenga??

athu sari, ps1kkum andha personalitykkum etho link undu polairukke?!!!!

ps2 sariyaave illa..

etho solla arambichu ennavo sollareenga..ennavo nadakkuthu..athu mattum theriyudhu...
hope ur days are pleasant in the future
priya

4:51 PM  
Blogger The Doodler said...

Aw man, sorry about your car! Hope it didn't have any damage done to it.
Post-la mathadhellam ore philosophy-a irukke...:)

5:52 PM  
Blogger Prabhu said...

Anonymous : if u do come back, too many referencess??
vj/subha: senti/philosophical ellaam illa, etho thonithu ezhuthinen...office la avvlo bore adichuthu inniku
pri : yaa, ps1, ps2 ellaam uncorrelated aa irukku la, but i dont want to edit it now though.
and antha personality unga yaarukkum theriyaathu, so manasa pottu kuzhappikkaatheenga, shes from madras.

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prabhu..kalakki podu !!

Manasa pottu kuzhapikama .. Enga kitta manam vittu pesu ;) ...

~Vasu

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yaruma adhu.. rathiri pannandu maniku comment panradhu...

-vv

12:10 AM  
Blogger dinesh said...

"Did I read that somewhere recently, I tend to forget!"

Now we know where you got the inspiration for this post ! :) Ensoy thangamani !

1:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nekku Nanna Purinjuduthu !! ;)

Hmm ....Enjamaai..!!


~Vasu

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home