Miles to go before I sleep...

Friday, June 02, 2006

I await

Dont be afraid, everybody has to go through to this next stage. I hear a constant word of advise from near and dear. "He is not going to last long, I think we should prepare him for it, its already too late. People his age have already crossed the bridge" - people ponder. We will get the process rolling to inform all his known ones about the impending event and make this a grand farewell.

Its farewell to this world and he would enter an entire different world - some people have pictured the other world to be heavenly where you are not shackled by clutches, where you do things you were doing in your previous world, where you atlast get luxuries for the soul and the body, where you blissfully sleep. There have been stories about the other world being torturous, with oil-containers for you to drown, loud shrills that leaves your mind in tatters, your own personal space stolen, you have to carry loads and loads of burden, and painfully sleep in the night.

I know I had to come to this stage some point of time - after all it happens to every mortal in this universe. I am not ready for this though. I cannot imagine myself sleeping painfully in the new world. I am plain resistant to changes that are going to happen. When I am happy and content with my current living, why should I leave everything and move on?

It is the definition of a conundrum -- an irresistible force against an immovable object. Something has to give up, not sure which one would.

I await.

20 Comments:

Blogger Archana said...

Onnum puriyala! Let me hazard a guess: are you talking about marriage? If yes, when can we congratulate you on stepping into the other world :-D? If not, please to explain!

2:20 AM  
Blogger expertdabbler said...

indha chinna vayasile ivlo gyaani madhiri ellam pesina adhu marriage a daan irukkum :D
Congrats:)!!

3:00 AM  
Blogger expertdabbler said...

i read again and its all the more confusing....

3:01 AM  
Blogger Butterflies said...

Nalla thana iruntheenga enna aaachu?romba yosikkringa!US lamandrichikonga

3:58 AM  
Blogger rajesh said...

yaaraadhu puutaangalaaa illa nee yaarayaadhum poatu thaakitu wait panriyaa?

-raapi

9:20 AM  
Blogger dinesh said...

Nature takes its course. And we're anything but immovable objects ! We can stand still for a while, but we give in eventually....

And we're more accepting than we give ourselves credit for. Time is the healer, and we let ourselves be healed. Life goes on ! :)

9:55 AM  
Blogger kuttichuvaru said...

hmm.... kozhapparathukkunne alaiyaraanga pa!! enakku ennamo intha build-up kalyanathukku thaan-nu thonuthu!!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Zeppelin said...

olagam suthudhu ...aththoda naamalum suthurom... apparam enga immovable ellam.... inna na solradhu..serdhana..a-aan.. :)

12:19 PM  
Blogger Prabhu said...

oops, got everyone on the wrong foot.

I didnt mean death as it may sound, but then I was implying at the inhibitions I face when I want to change from one space to another.
When I am comfy with a few things, I never go out to change even if it were for the better.
( Guess the post was less cryptic than this comment :)

And ya, if it were marriage, I wouldnt have sounded so melancholous :)

4:03 PM  
Blogger Prabhu said...

arch,
will let u know when u guys can congratulate, pressure podaatheenga pa :(

PK -- lol at the gyaani comment :)
Moothavaa neenga ellam irukaracha enaku enna avasaram?

Shuba -- lol again, mandhirichikkonga :) Ulagame oru maayai, naama ellaame oru nadagathula nadikaraom avvlo thaan

rapi -- yaarum polai da, nee thaan innum 10 days la kalyana medai la ukaara pora :) bye bye bachelor hood nu solitu, good wishes da, and am eagerly awaiting the day u come to US. Evvlo nal thaan unkitte mattum pesarathu fone'la.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Prabhu said...

dinesh -- very true, things move on.
there are somethings for which u stand still longer than others.

kuttichuvaru -- actually, i thought if i shud post it or not, since its a talk to me, but then as per Saranya's logic -- its my blogspot and i can post anything, that was the impetus :)

zeppelin,
aa-aan baaa...
pazhamozhi sollitta, anubavikaren, aarayala.

4:09 PM  
Blogger Maayaa said...

kadavule..
mothalla enna kaapthu..
prabhu ennadaanaa vidhyaasamaa enna enna solraan..

dinesh comment vera bayangara comdeyaa irukku.. vara vara enna solraar ne puriyaadha alavukku comment vidaraar.

@makkale...eureka eureka..indha rendu perum sernthu blogspotla poli saamiyaar aaga training eduthukaraanga pa!!

11:39 PM  
Blogger Shilpa said...

Hmmph...like Archana even I thought its abt 'marriage' :-P
Y the sudden introspection :-)

11:59 AM  
Blogger Viji said...

shifting jobs?

2:42 AM  
Blogger Prabhu said...

priya,
welcome, romba naal ku aporama comment vittu iruka danks :)
naanum adhe thaan vendikkaren - muthalla priya va kaapaathu, she will save all of us :)

shilpa,
on re-reading i feel there are definitive hints to think this post is about marriage, but then...nope :)

viji,
samma guess, spot on!
that was also one of the many things going on inside me when i wrote this :)

12:33 PM  
Blogger The Doodler said...

Prabhu,
We move because staying in the same place, comfort and all, causes stagnation of some sort. You will eventually get bored of this state, trust me! :)

7:42 AM  
Blogger Viji said...

Prabhu, padicha odana oru flashback... I've been through such a phase too. I could relate to this. :)

1:03 AM  
Blogger Prabhu said...

Subha,
He understands it will get stale remaining in the same point, I guess he has remained this way for a long time and hence more the inertia and friction is.

Viji,
Adhu enna flashback? And epo next ezhutha pora?

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

2:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home