Miles to go before I sleep...

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Midweek Rambles

The Word Verification Mystery Solved:

Dont know if anyone noticed it, but I was complaining the word verification scheme had started testing out my eye-sight, my typing ability and my nerves by dishing out words like "wxvvwglkhm", "xcmnndsel" all tangled and curved up. Now I seem to have an answer for that -- I remember incorrectly typing the first few when commenting on some blogs and "blogger" has identified me as a spammer!! With lots of time at work, and no restrictions internet usage wise (unlike my previous employer), I do spend a lot of time reading a number of blogs and commenting more often than not. So its no wonder I have been identified as spammer :(

Orkut Binary Tree:

Are/Were you watching Chidambara Ragasiyam in SUN TV? I started watching this series right from day one, and have been obsessed with this on Wednesdays that sometimes I even refuse to switch to cartoons even if my nieces plead to me :) (No, I am not that bad, I switch to cartoons during SUN tv commercials :) Although its dragging a bit these days, I am still waiting for the mystery to unravel. I like this one having missed Marma Desam, Vidaathu Karuppu from Naga. Anyways - there was this dialogue 2 weeks back --"Any person could be linked to another person through 5 connections". I see that vividly in Orkut. Search for any name in Orkut and 7/10 times, you see them connected to you in less than 5 hops. Ofcourse dont search for people like Svedlen Voltchkov or Curtly Ambrose - more likely than not, my statement will fail :)
And ya, beware of the new Orkut "Profile Views" feature. It sucks :)
You dont want some "Charanya"/"Shobha"/"Ganesh" to know that you have been viewing her/his profile!
Wonder how Orkut can trace a friend's friends'friend's friend's friend by giving me the path.
A binary tree probably??


Uyir:

Did you like Kaadhal movie's songs? I liked it very much especially the Kaadhal theme song.
The music director is Joshua Sridhar and he became famous for his other acts of wooing a singer, eloping with her etc. Thats all personal :) He has come out with his next movie Uyir.
I have been listening to the songs, they are very good. A couple of average ones, but 2 songs are really good. Listen to "Aanum Pennum" and "Kann Simittum".
Although the songs are good - the hero of the movie is Srikanth. Yuck!!!
I hate seeing this guy on screen just for the reason that he doesnt have any modulation while talking, no emoticons. He always a dialogue in his movie "Yennanga, ippdi solreenga?, Naan solradhu correct thaana?".

Anyways,
Thats my mid-week ramble!

16 Comments:

Blogger kuttichuvaru said...

yeah, profile views makes life difficult :-(

n I hav read tat its 7 links max n not 5 to connect to other ppl!! donno which one is true :-)

11:04 AM  
Blogger Archana said...

Hey, did you know you could turn off the track profile feature in Orkut. Of course, then you wouldn't be able to see whether "Charanya"/"Shobha"/"Ganesh" visited you either :-)!

Hehehe, I think blogger tries to thiruttify vetti-blog-surfers this way ;-)!

Phew its Wednesday - yaay :-D!

12:27 PM  
Blogger dinesh said...

Yeah andha feature "worst" ! :)

Here's an important question. If I turn my track profile feature off, then if I visit somebody else's orkut profile, will my name show up in theirs ?

Prabhu, onnoda track profile la oru aambilai kooda irundhurukka maattaane ? :)

2:34 PM  
Blogger dinesh said...

Archana,

It has half thiruthified me already ! It still has a long way to go !! :)

2:37 PM  
Blogger Syam said...

yennapa ippo thaan yenna update panni blog na enna nu kandupucihen...ippo ellorum ORKUT ngareenga...yeppa indha technology ah update panniye pathi vayasu poirum pola iruku....

2:51 PM  
Blogger Prabhu said...

Kutti - Concur!
7 links a? I have never seen more than 5. Dont know how he manages to link through 7 friends.!

Archana,
Yup, made use of it the first day it was out :) So the Charana's/shoba's wouldnt know about my orkut-hopping!
Me not getting to know who is visiting my profile is also good moral-spirits wise :)
Vetti bloggers'a ? "I was late to a meeting" post ku comment pannina vetti blogger a?

Dinesh - yup, if you turn that thing off, no one will know u visited their profiles, madhavaa jamaaai...Enjamaaaai :)

Syam,
Appadi onnum its not new technology!
Intha computer world la ellaam easy thaan.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Butterflies said...

hahhaaa enjoyed ...this post...orkut i have recntly entered donno y im not so interested in orkutting!

yaa...that was abig hit kaadal..but enna prob na...joshua ahd major prob in personal life that he had setbacks in proff life!

12:17 AM  
Blogger BZ said...

Hey Prabhu, Jus now I spent a few hours in Orkut browsing friends, and here u go talking about it!! :)

I have got to listen to the songs of Uyir.

1:54 AM  
Blogger Archana said...

Cha, cha, I was just kidding. Being an accomplished vetti-blog-surfer myself, how can I point fingers at fellow vetti-blog-surfers ;-)!

3:43 AM  
Blogger monu said...

i never ever really got the hang of orkut!!

:(

4:26 AM  
Blogger Viji said...

haha. Interesting post. nan kavalaye padama, ishtathukku ellaroda profile view'um pathundu irukken. I don't mind if they know that! parasparama, oru understanding dhan... :-D
I loved Marma desam (ragasiyam), primarily because of the music... semmaya irukkum!

5:45 AM  
Blogger Prabhu said...

Shuba, Only if you understand the fundamentals of Or'kutti'ng, can you start enjoying it :)
And ya listen to this Uyir songs, they are v good.

SK - like like same same :)
Listen to it and let me know!

Archana - I knew u were kidding, not that I would mend my ways even if you point a finger at me :)

Monu - I was never active in Orkut like a month back, then people started scrapping me, then I met a few old friends through Orkut and now I am a Orkutter.

Viji,
Even I wasn't bothered initially, but then just to be on the safe side, disabled the profile views :)
Haven't seen marmadesam at all. Guess I was on the studious side those days. No! No, I was in the hostel those days.

11:46 AM  
Blogger dinesh said...

Viji,

You don't have to worry about it. Nee mathavangaloda profiles view pannaa kooda, ellarukkum, viewed by "orkut staff" nu dhaan varudhu. Your identity is not revealed ! So, nothing to worry about! :)

3:38 PM  
Blogger Viji said...

Dinesh- yes, boss! :P

1:40 AM  
Blogger The Doodler said...

Hey Prabhu,
I like "Kanne Kadhal Nilame"..:) Listen to it!

7:42 AM  
Blogger Prabhu said...

Dinesh -- purilla, viji a ottariya? Ok, ok - adha sollitu pannu :)

Viji -- Dinesh entha group la irunthalum - avan thaan boss, so u better wake up to reality.

Subha -- "Kanne Kadhal Nilame" is also v good, and I understand why u like it :)

Also, if you hear "Udhadum Udhadum" deeply, ore double meaning aa iruku :))

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home